Technology Sourcing, Inc.: Website Privacy Notice, Statement, Policy and Disclaimer
Technology Sourcing, Inc. (“TSI”) is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality of its customers’, clients’ and website visitors’ private information. This Website Privacy Notice, Statement, Policy and Disclaimer (the “Privacy Notice”) applies with respect to the information that TSI collects from TSI’s website located at www.tsichicago.com (the “Website”). This Privacy Notice describes TSI’s policy and the methods TSI takes to ensure its customers’, clients’ and Website viewers’ trust. By visiting TSI’s Website, you (the “Visitor” or “Visitors”) accept the terms described in this Privacy Notice. The following terms and conditions govern the Visitor’s use of TSI’s Website, and by accessing, viewing or using the material on TSI’s Website, Visitor indicates that he/she/it understands and intends these Terms and Conditions to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract, and equally binding, and that Visitor accepts such Terms and Conditions and agrees to be legally bound by them. If Visitor does not agree with the Terms and Conditions, Visitor is not granted permission to use TSI’s Website and should exit immediately.
- Information TSI Collects. When visiting the Website, Visitor is not required to reveal any personal information (“Personal Information” shall include, but is not limited to, Visitor’s name, telephone number(s), mailing address(es), and email address(es)). However, in the event Visitor decides to subscribe to TSI’s electronic newsletter or mailing list (collectively, the “Mailing List”), then Visitor will be required to enter certain Personal Information. Any Personal Information collected by TSI is used for the sole purpose of sending periodic emails, sending information to the individuals and entities named on its Mailing List and responding to customer service needs.
- How TSI Uses Visitor’s Personal Information. TSI does not sell, lease, rent, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties the Visitor’s Personal Information. This does not include TSI’s Vendors or those individuals or entities that assist TSI in operating the Website, conducting TSI’s business or servicing the Visitor, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. TSI may also release Visitor’s Personal Information when TSI believes the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce its Website policies or protect TSI, TSI’s Agents or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable Visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
- How TSI Protects Visitor’s Personal Information. TSI implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of its Visitor’s Personal Information when the Visitor enters or otherwise submits his/her/its Personal Information, including the Visitor’s participation on the TSI’s Mailing List. TSI limits access to databases containing the Visitor’s Personal Information to employees who have a need to access the Personal Information. TSI has put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized disclosure of Visitor’s Personal Information. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing the Personal Information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, TSI cannot assure that the Personal Information provided by the Visitor to TSI will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite TSI’s efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
- Mailing List. When visiting TSI’s Website, Visitors may choose to enter their Personal Information for purposes of signing up for TSI’s newsletter and join TSI’s Mailing List. The Visitor’s Personal Information will only be accessible to TSI, subject to the terms and conditions of Paragraph 3 above. By joining the Mailing List, Visitors can receive technological news and information and TSI will not share the Visitor’s Personal Information with other Visitors. In the event Visitor no longer wishes to be included on TSI’s Mailing List, Visitor shall have the option to remove herself/himself/itself from TSI’s Mailing List at any time by simply emailing TSI at the information list below in Paragraph 13. There is no fee to join the Mailing List. Visitor acknowledges and agrees that the decision to join the Mailing List is completely voluntary and Visitor acknowledges and agrees that the decision to terminate their involvement on the Mailing List is likewise voluntary.
- Cookies. Cookies (“Cookies”) are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to a Visitor’s computer’s hard drive through the Visitor’s web browser (if the Visitor allows the Cookies) that enables the Website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize the Visitor’s browser and capture and remember certain information. Visitors may enable their web browsers to turn off the Cookies or set their web browsers to inform them once they receive a Cookie. TSI does utilize Cookies for the purpose of compiling aggregate data for Website traffic and Website interaction so that TSI can offer better services to its Visitors.
- Third Party Links. Occasionally, at TSI’s discretion, TSI may include or offer third party links on its Website for its Visitors. All third party websites shall be governed by the terms and conditions of Paragraph 1 of this Privacy Notice above. Visitor expressly acknowledges and agrees that the third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. TSI therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of the linked websites.
- Privacy of Children. TSI’s Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) years of age and does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years of age. In the event TSI learns that the Personal Information obtained is from a child, then TSI shall immediately delete the Personal Information. TSI does not intend for its Website to be directed to children in any way.
- Online Privacy Notice Only. This online Privacy Notice applies only to information collected through TSI’s Website and not to information collected offline.
- Security. TSI utilizes encryption technologies to keep its Visitor’s Personal Information secure.
- Changes to Privacy Notice. In the event TSI decides to change, modify, alter or amend this Privacy Notice, TSI will post said changes, modifications, alterations or amendments on its Website, send an email to the Visitors who are on TSI’s Mailing List and update the Privacy Notice modification date (the “Modification Date”) which shall always be displayed at the end of TSI’s Privacy Notice.
- Governing Jurisdiction. This Privacy Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to its choice of law rules. By accessing, viewing or using the material on TSI’s Website, its Visitors consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts presiding in Chicago, Illinois, and agree to accept service of process by mail and hereby waive any and all jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the agreements, representations and understandings of TSI and Visitor and supersedes and merges any previous understandings, negotiations, commitments or agreements, oral or written, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and any other documents, including any other exhibits, schedules, documents or agreements to which this Agreement refers, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall apply.
- Contact Us. Visitors are encouraged to contact TSI with any questions regarding this Privacy Notice. Additionally, Visitors should contact TSI at the following information in the event a Visitor wishes to be removed from TSI’s Mailing List or a Visitor has any questions or concerns they would like to bring to the attention of TSI, including any questions or concerns related to this Privacy Notice:
In consideration for providing Vendor Website access to its Visitors, TSI’s Visitors shall indemnify, defend, save harmless, discharge, release and forever acquit TSI and TSI’s Agents (“TSI’s Agents” shall include TSI’s shareholders, principals, agents, members, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, independent contractors, representatives, affiliated business, subsidiary entities and any other person or entity acting on behalf of TSI) from and against any privacy violations or events of fraud that may occur on the Vendor Website, regardless of whether TSI’s Intellectual Property is displayed or not displayed on the Vendor Website, with the full knowledge that by visiting TSI’s Website, the Visitor was made aware of TSI’s relationship with TSI’s Vendors for e-commerce purposes and that TSI’s Vendors have their own privacy policies for which TSI has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of those independent privacy policies.
In the event Visitor decides to place an order for merchandise, goods or services through a Vendor Website linked to the Website, then the Vendor Website may request certain credit card information (“Credit Card Information” shall collectively include, but is not limited to, credit/debit card type, the name of the credit/debit card holder, the name of the individual or entity receiving the merchandise or goods being shipped, credit/debit card account number, credit/debit card security code, credit/debit card expiration date and credit/debit card billing address). Visitor understands, acknowledges and is hereby made aware that TSI does not collect Credit Card Information and therefore shall not be responsible for any civil or criminal disputes, lawsuits, actions, allegations or claims that may arise with respect to a Visitor’s use of TSI’s website or Vendor Website for e-commerce purposes that results in the disclosure or use of the Visitor’s Credit Card Information.
In consideration of providing Visitors access to its Website and providing a mechanism by which Visitors can engage in e-commerce with TSI’s Vendors, Visitor expressly agrees to indemnify, defend, save harmless, discharge, release and forever acquit TSI and TSI’s Agents from and against any and all claims, demands, suits and proceedings brought against TSI or TSI’s Agents for loss, damage or injury of any kind in any way related to the use of the Vendor Website. Visitor’s duty to indemnify does not apply to the extent that the loss, damage or injury of any kind is determined to be caused by or resulting from the negligence of TSI and/or TSI’s Website.
Technology Sourcing, Inc.
8 South Michigan Avenue, Suite 2500
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Website URL: www.tsichicago.com
This Privacy Notice was last updated on: April 20, 2012.